Activity for Self Care Week 2014 has now been reviewed and evaluated. Highlights include:
- Self Care Week achieved national prominence when Earl Howe, the Health Minister launched the campaign at the Self Care Conference on 10 November.
- MPs and MSPs were notified of Self Care Week when it was raised in the UK Parliament and the Scottish Parliament (potentially reaching 770 parliamentarians).
- The Self Care Week page on the Self Care Forum website was visited more than 9,000 times, three times more than in 2013.
- Social media was extremely popular and NHS Choices tweeted to 157,000 followers.
- The fact sheets were the most popular download with 4,854 – more than double compared to 2013.
- The winter theme was particularly favoured by NHS Trusts, CCGs and local surgeries who used it as a way to signpost patients and local residents to the most appropriate action.
- Public Health England and NHS England were highly engaged in reaching the NHS and local authorities.
- All four UK countries now engaged in promoting self care with 2014 seeing greater involvement by devolved nations.
- A Portuguese nursing school even took part.
The full review can be downloaded from the Self Care Week Review page