National Self Care Week
13 - 19 November 2023
Self Care For Life
What is Self Care Week?
- Self Care Week is an annual national awareness week that focuses on embedding support for self care across communities, families and generations.
- The theme for 2023 will be unveiled soon
- The Self Care Forum has been organising Self Care Week since 2011
Who gets involved in Self Care Week?
- International, national, regional, local and community organisations passionate about empowering people to better look after their own physical health and mental wellbeing get involved in Self Care Week
- Mostly traditional health organisations use the Week to communicate health messages to their audiences but a growing, diverse community is recognising the benefits of participating in Self Care Week
- In 2022, more than 800 organisations and individuals used the awareness week to empower their audiences, reaching millions in the UK.
What messages can you promote during Self Care Week?
- A range of health messages can be communicated during Self Care Week including:
- taking vitamin D supplements, particularly important for those shielding and unable to go outside
- good nutrition and regular exercise to support general wellbeing and help maximize people’s immunity
- adopting positive lifestyle choices
- increasing health literacy levels in the community and in schools
- supporting mental wellness by keeping connected, ensuring a sense of perspective, and taking further steps to maintain health
- understanding how to manage minor and long term health conditions
- In addition to helping people look after their own health, Self Care Week is also used to promote better use of the NHS by signposting people to the right service relevant to their health needs – in particular, signposting people to pharmacy for accessible health care and advice.
- The Week can also be used to highlight the the need for vaccinations and screening.
Corporate Sponsorship Opportunities
- Corporate packages that can be tailored depending on your needs and budget are available to sponsors wishing to collaborate with the Self Care Forum (for more information please contact Libby Whittaker)
Where should I start?
- The Self Care Forum has an abundance of resources to help you plan for Self Care Week such as our 8 point plan and comms document, we also have best practice case studies, a range of logos, factsheets and more on our resource page.
- You could also subscribe to our newsletter for updates on Self Care Week and all things self care.
- Or, for more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keep an eye on the website for Self Care Week images for 2023 and for more resources.
For news on what happened during previous Self Care Week’s see the Self Care Week Reviews.